Do you know where bottlenecks can happen?
29/04/2016 4:38 AM by
For modern applications, there are many layers and moving parts that need to seamlessly work together to deliver our application to the end user.
- Figure: Bottlenecks can happen anywhere!
The issues can be in:
- Slow queries
- Bad configuration
- Bad query plans
- Lack of resources
- Inefficient code
- Chatty code
- Long running processes
- Not making use of multicore processors
- Too many requests to server a page
- Page size
- Large images
- No Caching
Connection between SQL and Web
- Lack of bandwidth
- Too much chatter
Connection between Web and Internet
- Poor uplink ( e.g. 1mbps uploads)
- Too many hops
Connection between Web and End users
- Geographic ally too far (e.g. US servers, AU users)
- Resource contention
Do you feel this rule needs an update?