Do you run load tests on your website?
17/11/2016 3:41 AM by
Once you have a website up and running, it is important to make sure that it keeps running under load. Local testing of the website will not always reveal the latent problems in the website when it is subjected to thousands of users. Typical issues that result from inadequate load testing are:
- 503 Service Is Temporarily Unavailable
- Very slow load times
- Application Crashes due to:
- Insufficient resources - so application pools are recycled
- Too many concurrent users causing race conditions
- Too many users trying to connect to the database
Do you feel this rule needs an update?