Quality - Do you implement an error logger that has notifications?
17/08/2015 1:53 PM by
When building an application for a client, you should implement functionality which
will notify you personally whenever it throws an exception and log the issue for
There are a few reasons to do this:
- It gives you a sense of ownership of the project
- It makes finding out what's going wrong easier
- You can keep a history so you can see if there are any recurring exceptions
- You can ensure the long term quality of you application
- You are not just washing your hands and leaving at the end of the release
You will find that this will lead to more clients who are happy to use you into
the future because they know that you care about their application.
See also: https://rules.ssw.com.au/rules-for-error-handling
Do you feel this rule needs an update?