Production - Do you know how to record live video interviews on location?
25/07/2019 7:43 PM by
Recording live video interviews on location can be difficult. The key to success is to make the process as simple as possible, so you continue to record and release interviews.
A good example of an effective but easy to record interview is:
Cannot retrieve the URL specified in the Content Link property. For more assistance, contact your site administrator.
Here are a few tips to simplify the process:
- The interviewer should hold the camera and interview the subject at the same time
- Keep a tight frame. Don’t have lots of empty space around the subject
- Use the rule of thirds. See:
- Don't zoom erratically – Ease in and ease out of zooms
- If someone starts speaking off camera, move to them slowly and smoothly without rushing (it is OK for them to talk off camera for a short time)
- To record both voices use a single shotgun microphone for both interviewer and subject
Do you feel this rule needs an update?