Popup - Do you know when Popup forms are good?
31/07/2014 9:16 PM by
Some people like popup forms. Some do not.
Popup modal forms are no good:
- as you can't read or edit something else in a window behind
- as they take a lot of time to load in a browser (ask any CRM 4 user)
Popup forms are good:
- as it is obvious you have an action step to perform before continuing
- as they simplify a form that has lots of fields
- if they can't get lost behind another window
- if you make them clear by dimming the background (see below)
- Figure: Bad example - if this was a popup form it would be easier to focus on where to look (as a minimum you would be looking at half the screen)
- Figure: Good example - the popup with the dimmed background is much more intuitive
Do you feel this rule needs an update?