Long Process - Do you show the status of progress bar on winform's title?
19/11/2014 6:13 PM by
The importance of having the status of progress bar on winform's title:
- Users can clearly see the progress status.
- If the winform is minimized to taskbar, users still can see the progress status.
The form title should take the form of "[XX]% Completed - [Task Description] - [Product Name]".
There is another relevant rule about the winform title
- Figure: Bad Example - The winform's title does not contain the progress status
- Figure: Good Example - The winform's title contains the status of progress bar
- Figure: Good Example - You can clearly see the progress status from taskbar when you have the windows minimized
- Figure: Good Example - Windows 7 shows the progress in the taskbar (which is visible even when the application is minimized)
Do you feel this rule needs an update?