How to publish a report based on a list?
26/06/2013 6:59 PM by
When you want a Grid with filters, group by, totals and sorting, how do you do this (if all the data is in a list) ?
There are 6 options:
- Option 1 - use data view web part + AJAX (on test server, then export web part, and import to production)
- Option 2 - use content query web part (but no paging, no grouping, no totals)
- Option 3 - install Telerik grid and do aspx page
- Option 4 - using RS + iFrame
- Option 5 - use a smart web part with Telerik
- Option 6 - look for ready to go web part from Infragistics or Telerik that use their grid
if you need to use the object model (like PublishedBy.aspx) to interate through records - use Option 1,3,5 , and we prefer option 5.
if you need to bind a simple list - use Option 4 (best designer, scheduling included, parameters are easy... we know that iFrame is not great).
Do you feel this rule needs an update?