How do I update and create a new version of the Sysprep VM ?
27/10/2012 8:46 PM by
When MS releases a new service pack, or new Windows update, we install these to the master image and create a new version of the Sysprep image for future VMs.
- Update SQL Server service packs
- Update Windows Server 2003 service packs
- Update Windows
- Update VS.NET service packs
- Update SharePoint service packs
- Update MS Office SharePoint Designer service packs
To create a new VM:
- Make a copy of the master.vhd, rename it to the next version
- Create a VM using this new vhd
- Copy additional setup files to D:\install\
- Modify the scripts in D:\scripts\
- When finished, power down the VM. Make a copy of this and rename it to sysprep-vNext.vhd
- Create a new VM using this new vhd
- Start it up, and then run the sysprep command in D:\sysprep\
- This will generalize the computer's settings and shut it down
- Don't start up the VM again - or it'll run the start up scripts
- Zz old copies of the master.vhd and sysprep.vhd
Do you feel this rule needs an update?