Do you install the 2 add-ins (the old COM and the new app)?
21/04/2020 8:48 AM by
You should install the Outlook COM add-in, and optionally the new Dynamics 365 App for Outlook.
Note: At the moment, installing the app is optional (it is only useful for sales people). This will change in the future - this is a temporary issue because the app is more stable but it does not allow you to track appointments. E.g. At SSW developers still need the "full app" (aka the old Outlook COM-Add In) for booking clients and booking leave.
Install the "full" and "lightweight" Dynamics 365 app for Outlook
Follow these steps:
- Open a new tab and navigate to your CRM. E.g. At SSW it is https://live.crm.ssw.com.au
- Select Settings (cog) | Apps For Dynamics 365
- Figure: Select Settings (cog) | Apps for Dynamics 365 menu item
- Install the COM add-in and optionally install the App.
From this page, you should have the option to Download Dynamics 365 for Outlook and then follow the prompts to finish the configuration.
You can optionally install the new App (ask you SysAdmin for help if you're unable to get it working)
- Figure: Dynamics 365 apps for Outlook. Note the words "lightweight" and "full"
- If you installed the COM add-in, then you should head to the page that lists all cumulative updates for it, by clicking here
- In the page above, go to the latest cumulative update and install it in your machine
- You should now see the COM add-in within Outlook
- Figure: Outlook showing the COM Add-ins installed and enabled
- You should now see the Dynamics 365 plugins available within Outlook (e.g. emails & appointments)
- Figure: In Outlook open a new Email and see both the Dynamics 365 app and the COM add in
Now you can get up-and-running using CRM:
Do you feel this rule needs an update?