Do you remember the user's last settings?
1/12/2014 4:03 PM by
The user's last settings should be saved and should be selected as the Default the
next time a form is opened in many instances. For example:
- Login forms - the last login name should be the Default selected and the cursor should be in the password box.
- Figure: Bad Example - Last Username is not saved
- Figure: Good Example - Last Username is saved
- Report criteria forms - e.g. date start and date end fields should be automatically populated
How do I store the settings?
- .NET: Use the
Configuration Block to store the settings.
- Access: Use a local table called 'Control' with one record.
Do you feel this rule needs an update?