Do you number tasks or questions you would like a reply to?
30/05/2018 11:39 AM by
It is good practice to be clear on what you want. One way you can make things clearer is to number tasks or questions.
Bad example - the different tasks may be skipped if the reader does not read carefully
Make sure to use Linq to SQL for the bit where you execute Stored Procs. First, double check that executing Stored Procs is still an outstanding issue with EDMX.
Don't forget to create a .txt file of the same name to the rule, so other developers know why you did this.
Good example - the different tasks are clear
- Double check that executing stored procedures is still an outstanding issue with EDMX
- Add .txt file of the same name with a link to the rule, so other developers know why you did this
- In the .txt file, link to the UserVoice suggestion
- In the .txt file, link to the rule on Rules to better LINQ
- Make sure that actual rule links to the UserVoice (or Connect) suggestion too
See also: Do you send tasks one email at a time?
VIDEO - Top 10+ Rules to Better Email Communication with Ulysses Maclaren
Do you feel this rule needs an update?