Do you know what a PBI Owner is responsible for?
24/05/2018 3:04 PM by
The role of the PBI Owner
is like a mini project manager. The PBI Owner resolves any road blocks, performs the “Test Please
” and makes sure there is a good presentation at the Review Meeting. In addition having a PBI Owner makes it easy for Product Owners and others to talk to the right person.
There are five things that the story owner is responsible for:
- Manage / Own the story and its sub tasks
- Make sure a “Test Please” is conducted (or that their story is included in one)
- Make every effort to show the story to the Product Owner before the Sprint Review (aka a corridor conversation)
- Prepare for the Sprint Review. Make sure he ready for the review. Have a scribe, have a demo plan/script and get the story accepted quickly.
- Present the completed Story at the Sprint Review
Note: Make sure you are ready for the review. Have a scribe and how you are demoing worked out before hand.
The objective of the Review meeting is to have the story accepted quickly.
Figure: Out of the box the Microsoft Scrum Template supports a ‘Story Owner’ via the ‘Owned By’ field
Do you feel this rule needs an update?