Do you know if you are using the template?
8/07/2020 4:59 PM by
PowerPoint templates are designed to engage your audience visually and save you time. When you start creating a new presentation file, always make sure you use a template.
Pros of using a template are:
- Consistency of use for others at your company to work on it
- Consistency of look on intro and finish slides
- Consistency of look footer on each slide
- Consistency of general styling
- It helps with the process of getting a ‘Designer Test Pass’
- Figure: Bad Example - Not using the corporate template (in this case not SSW)
- Figure: Good Example - That's a mighty fine looking template you got there
In newer versions of PowerPoint, it is necessary to add your custom template to:
C:\Users\< UserName>\Documents\Custom Office Templates\
Note: Replace <UserName> with your machine username.
So that they appear in the PowerPoint list when creating a new presentation. You can also find a more in-depth guide on how to create PowerPoint templates and how to use a personal template.Figure: Good Example - Your custom template appears in PowerPoint
Do you feel this rule needs an update?