Do you know how to include or exclude files when syncing a folder in Advanced Installer?
28/10/2014 10:08 AM by
If you are syncing your Application Folder (or any other) with a local folder on a disk, you can specify which file or folders you want to sync. This is a very convenient way to keep your package smaller and clean.
Here is how you do it:
- Right click the
Application Folder and choose
- Click on Filters button to open the
Edit Filters dialog
- Click on
New button to create Include pattern. Alternatively you can switch to
Exclude Filters tab
- Enter the Pattern and press
OK on each screen
- Figure: Edit Filters dialog
- Figure: Bad Example - Synced folder contains files that are not supposed to be deployed
- Figure: Good Example - Synced folder is filtered so that it includes only files we want to deploy
Do you feel this rule needs an update?