Do you know how to identify customizations on SharePoint webs
19/05/2016 10:18 AM by
To do a successful migration, you must find all the customizations in your current environment.
- Use command "stsadm.exe -o enumallwebs -includefeatures -includewebparts >C:\checkcustomizations.txt" to list all the features and webparts on webs.
- Run this command on both your current Production environment and Test migration environment to get the list of features and web parts.
- Use text comparision tool, such as BeyondCompare or WinDiff, to compare your Production envionment to your Test migration environment list to identify custom features and web part.
- Go to Central Admin site to check which custom WSP package has been deployed
- Go to Central Admin site | System Settings | Manage farm solutions, to look for deployed custom solution package.
- Compare web.config files between Production and Test environment as well to identify custom controls.
Do you feel this rule needs an update?