Do you have consistent way to store a same field?
1/12/2014 1:19 PM by
In Outlook the Street Address is stored as 1 Multi-Line field (with an
intelligent Address Checker - nice but not essential), yet in Microsoft
CRM the Street Address is split out across 3 separate single line text
fields, they should be consistent.
- Figure: Street Address in Outlook.
- Figure: Street Address in CRM.
We consider Outlook is friendlier, because:
- The wrong data is entered often when you have Street 1, Street 2, Street 3.
- Often Street 2 and Street 3 is not needed so it is extra clutter for no reason.
- What do you do when you have Street 4.
- It is the same as
Of course, we might be wrong, because:
- Basically, it's not worth the effort - because it goes across multiple places in CRM like Leads and Opportunity (see test results from Adrian).
- Printing labels might be simpler - sizes would be fixed.
We have a suggestion for CRM about this at
CRM and Outlook should be consistent with regards to Addresses.
Do you feel this rule needs an update?