Do you have a content marketing strategy for your business?
15/01/2020 9:11 AM by
Try googling content marketing. You’ll find lots of articles about it, and maybe some reports saying how this has been one of the main marketing strategies in the last 3 years. Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, of course, to drive profitable customer action. That’s why this is so important to be a part of your strategy. In other words: in order to sell the big piece of the pie, you have to show your audience small samples first.
We are in a new era of content. Not just any content, but a well-crafted and relevant content for your target audience. To be able to find the right content for your followers, you have to plan, not just create randomly without a focus and without documenting your research.
When you follow a documented and organized content marketing strategy, you will:
- Feel more effective in the use of all content marketing tactics and social media channels
- Easily justify a higher budget to be spent on your content marketing (e.g. for recording a video or doing a partnership with an influencer )
- Will be able to track results as soon as they have a clear goal and metric to follow, according to your strategy
It should definitely include:
- Your audience personas
- A content planner that matches these personas, channels, deadline and budget
- Metrics that will be followed
- Figure: Marketing Content is valuable with the right approach! - Image source:
Do you feel this rule needs an update?