Data Entry - Do you know the quick way to create a Contact, Account, and Opportunity in 1 go?
5/01/2018 12:50 PM by
CRM 2013 has a nice way of reducing the amount of work needed to create a new Account, Contact, and opportunity. You just make a Lead first and all three entities are created in one go.
The process is:
- In CRM, create a Lead
- Convert it into an Opportunity, Contact and Account using the Qualify button
- Figure: Create a Lead, then become familiar with the time saving "Qualify" button
Clicking on the "Qualify" button allows the automatic generation of Accounts, Contacts and Opportunities, and also allows you to check for potential duplicates being created.
- Figure: CRM 2013 also check for existing records before creating new ones
- Deactivate the Lead
- Create an Opportunity, Contact and Account
- Automatically link the Opportunity to the Account and the Account to the Contact
Save you substantial amount of time compared to creating and linking each one manually.
Do you feel this rule needs an update?