Calendar - Do you know the ways to share and see others' calendars?
21/01/2019 5:58 PM by
There are 3 ways of sharing and seeing others' calendars.
- Option 1: Outlook Calendar Permissions
Sharing on Outlook 365 (v1812 and newer)
Sharing on Outlook Non-365 (true as per v1808)
Figure: Allow the required person or group to see your calendar with these settings in Outlook
Figure: Display shared calendar on Outlook 365
- Option 2: Using SharePoint's calendars
- Figure: Sync SharePoint's calendar with Outlook at Intranet | Products | Calendar. (SharePoint 2016)
Note: The disadvantage of the SharePoint calendar is every new employee that arrives (or those that leave), must share (or unshared) their calendars in their Outlook client.
- Figure: Here SharePoint's Calendar list sees users who have chosen to sync their data. The user in Internet Explorer can see 4 free days. (SharePoint 2007)
- Option 3: Using the CRM Service Calendar
- Figure: The CRM Service Calendar shows everyone's booked in client work and leave
This will only show appointments that have been tracked in CRM, and so is a great way to keep track of important things like leave or client work.
Do you feel this rule needs an update?