Are you always careful with your spelling, grammar, and punctuation?
22/06/2019 5:12 AM by
Improper spelling, grammar, and punctuation gives a bad impression of your company and can result in your message not being conveyed correctly. Emails with no full stops or commas are difficult to read and can sometimes even change the meaning of the text. And, if your program has a spelling checking option, why not use it?
When on a web page, install Grammarly Addon for Chrome so you can automatically check web content. For example, while editing in a CMS.
- Figure: A typo caught by Grammarly plugin
When on Word, press F7 (or on the ribbon go to Review > Spelling & Grammar) to check your .docx text.
- Figure: Click on "Spelling & Grammar" button to check your web content
When on PowerPoint , press F7 (or on the ribbon go to Review | Spelling & Grammar) to check your .pptx text.
- Figure: Click on "Spelling" button to check your web content
You should also keep "Check grammar with spelling" checked in your PowerPoint Options | Proofing:
- Figure: Make sure "Check grammar with spelling" is enabled
Any other text can be checked manually. Go to Grammarly, create a New Document and Paste your content to check your text.
- Figure: A typo caught by Grammarly
Do you feel this rule needs an update?