Clarity - Do you answer IM questions in order?
18/01/2019 1:42 AM by
Sometimes people fire a few questions at you and the tendency is to answer the last question first. A clear approach if you receive more than 1 question in an IM chat, is to answer each question in order, keeping the conversation is clearer. It's also a good idea to repeat the keywords of each question in your answer so there is no chance of confusion.
- Adam Cogan: Welcome back from your holiday. How many items in your inbox? Can you give me the link for better IM rules? When is your next client work? Figure: Bad example - We have to find the answer one by one
- Tiago Araujo: Next Monday on Northwind
I have 85 items in my inbox and the link is https://rules.ssw.com.au/rules-to-better-im
- Adam Cogan: Welcome back from your holiday. How many items in your inbox? Can you give me the link for better IM rules? When is your next client work? Figure: Good example - the question is answered orderly
- Tiago Araujo: I have 85 items in my inbox
- Tiago Araujo: Here is the link: https://rules.ssw.com.au/rules-to-better-im
- Tiago Araujo: I start working for Northwind next Monday
Do you feel this rule needs an update?