Twitter - Do you know how to verify your account?
22/04/2020 9:04 AM by
Twitter lets anyone request a verified account (the blue tick goes public). Twitter says that an account will be verified if it is deemed of being of public interest.
As outlined on the Twitter website:
Request to verify an account
The blue verified badge on Twitter lets people know that an account of public interest is authentic.
We approve account types maintained by users in music, acting, fashion, government, politics, religion, journalism, media, sports, business, and other key interest areas. If you believe your account is of public interest and should be verified, this article outlines information about submitting a request.
Submitting a request
To be able to complete the form, your account must have the following:
- A verified phone number
- A confirmed email address
- A bio
- A profile photo
- A header photo
- A birthday (for accounts that are not company, brand, or organization accounts)
- A website
- Tweets set as public in Tweet privacy settings
- Profile and account recommendations
Some common characteristics of verified accounts include:
- If the account belongs to a person, the name reflects the real or stage name of the person.
- If the account is a corporation or company account, the name reflects the real name of the corporation or company.
- The profile and/or header photo reflects the person, the corporation’s branding, or the company’s branding.
- If the account is a corporate or company account, the email address associated with the account is a corporate or company email address.
In order to verify your account, fill out this form
Do you feel this rule needs an update?