Do you know how to send email using Microsoft CRM 4 mail merge template?
5/07/2017 12:02 PM by
You can use mail merge template, to send email to account, contact... Each mail merge template is associated to an entity, and you can only use the mail merge template that associated to the entity you're sending email to. In the following instructions, I'm sending email to the contact entity:
- From Dynamics CRM, click
Contacts to view the list of contacts.
- Search for the contact that you want to send email to.
- Highlight the contact that you want to send email to, and click the mail merge button.
- Figure: Mail merge button
Select the mail merge type, select Email.
Start with a, select either personal mail merge template (this is your own template), or the organization template (this is the template that is used by the whole organizaion).
Selected records on current page check box.
- Figure: Fill in the mail merge details
- A Microsoft Word document is open, and the
Mail Merge Recipients window is pop-up with the list of contacts that you're sending email to.
- Figure: Mail Merge Recipients
If you don't see a contact in the recipient list, that means your contact either:
Do Not Emails or
Do Not Bulk Emails field set to be
Do Not Allow
- Follow the on screen instructions in Microsoft Word and edit the content of the email that you want to send.
- At the last step of the mail merge instructions in Microsoft Word, click
Electronic Mail and fill in the subject line for your email.
- Figure: Fill in subject line for email
Ok to proceed to next step.
- Now because we're using CRM 4 Outlook, CRM mail merge will give you an option to create the activities that associated to this email. Check
Create Microsoft Dynamic CRM Activities radio button, and uncheck the
Include an ubsubcribe link in the email message to create the activities.
- Figure: Create activies for emails sending out using mail merge
OK to send emails using your outlook.
Do you feel this rule needs an update?