Getting someone else to test the migration is the best way to make sure that you have not missed anything.
- Run www.ssw.com.au/ssw/Diagnostics/, check it’s all green ticks
- Diagnostics will pick up that you need the Visual Studio 2008 SP1 Forward Compatibility Update for Team Foundation Server 2010 installed
- Start Visual Studio 2008
- Open Team Explorer
- Add a new server http://tfs.northwind.com:8080/tfs/
Figure: Remember to use the "/tfs" option when connecting to the new server.
- Confirm that the following are correct
- Source Code - connect to TFS2010 server and confirm that you can get latest.
- Source Code history - check that the source history is intact
- Work Items - confirm that you can see the last work items that you created
- Team Project - Create a new team project and check the SharePoint portal and reports work
note: This will need to be done using Team Explorer 2010 as it is not supported in 2008.
Congratulations, you’ve done a successful migration.