Do you disable connections?
11/06/2012 4:35 PM by
Once you are ready to start you need to make sure that no one can access the existing TFS 2008 server while you do the migration.
- You are ready to start
- Send out an email notifying all users that TFS2008 will be turned off.
Follow Rules to better Networks
- Make sure no-one can check in files by either:
- Running TFSQuiesce (recommended)
- Turning off TFS Service
- Remote desktop into TFS 2008
- Start IIS
- Right click Team Foundation Server | Stop
Figure: You need to stop anyone checking in files
- Confirm you can no longer get latest on the Northwind team project